The Chamber’s website on the Internet contains a listing of our entire membership so that persons who “surf” the net for information on businesses, services, restaurants and places to stay will find your name on our page with information on how to contact you or visit your company website.
The Community Profile and Business Directory is available online.
The Chamber receives requests for recommendations on goods, services, dining, shopping and accommodations in the towns of Louisa and Mineral, Lake Anna, Louisa County and surrounding areas. We refer only our Chamber members to newcomers, visitors and area residents by using our membership database and our membership directory. We also mail relocation packages containing information about the area and its businesses to potential newcomers.
Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings
Louisa County Chamber of Commerce members enjoy free advice and assistance from our staff and board of director members when staging grand openings, ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings or other special events. To schedule one of these special events, contact the Chamber Office at least two weeks prior to the event. This service is only offered to businesses that have joined the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce.
Regular E-News Updates
Chamber members receive an electronic newsletter bi-weekly containing updates on information about the newest members who have joined, classifieds, member news, seminars, upcoming events and other information as it potentially affects your business. Classifieds for Chamber members are published free in the E-News Update and on the Chamber’s Website.
Business Breakfast Meetings
The Chamber hosts regular breakfast meetings featuring a guest speaker who discusses a topic of interest to business leaders and decision-makers. This event gives you an opportunity to stand up and share news about your own business near the conclusion of the program. The Business Breakfast Meetings are held every first Tuesday of the month.
Lunch & Learn Seminars
Lunch and Learn seminars are designed to give attendees helpful information on a variety of topics throughout the year. Topics could range from marketing your business to human resources issues to effectively managing you business and more. Seminars will be announced in the bi-weekly Chamber E-Newsletter and in local newspapers. This is a great time to enjoy a casual lunch, network and get ideas and tips on how you can be more successful in your business.
Chamber Member Plaques
All members of the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce are presented an attractive green and gold plaque for display in a prominent place in their business. This plaque lets everyone who walks into your front door know that you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce, which also lends more credibility to your business on the part of customers and clients.
Join a Greater Force
The Louisa Chamber of Commerce takes leadership positions when necessary for business and community interests that create and maintain economic opportunity and goodwill for our membership. We also hold an annual Legislative Event, which gives you face-to-face time with your state legislators, so you can let them know how you feel about specific issues.
The Louisa County Chamber of Commerce encourages and welcomes home-based businesses to its membership. Becoming a member allows you to join many professionals who can pool their ideas, talents and resources to promote the economic health of the community, including your business. Home based businesses receive the same membership advantages as all our business members.
Direct Mail Labels
Send your information directly to all members of the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce by purchasing direct mail labels. Chamber members receive a reduced discount when taking advantage of this service.
Be an Informed Member
We pass along information we learn about business, local or regional issues from media articles, newsletters and other sources.
Buy Local First
We promote “keeping it local” and encourage consumers and business leaders to buy local whenever possible through a program initiated by the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service, Louisa Chamber of Commerce and Louisa Department of Economic Development. Several studies have shown that when you buy from a locally owned business, a significantly larger portion of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providers and farms – which continues to strengthen the economic base of the community.
Engage in your Chamber
Get the most out of your Chamber Membership … Participate! The best way to learn about your Chamber is to get involved in it. Whether you serve or lead a committee, participate in events or serve on the Board of Directors, being actively involved is the best way to learn, gain, serve and network. Your Chamber is a very productive organization with many committees, sub-committees and task forces in which to participate. The Louisa Chamber could not attempt to do all the work it does on behalf of its members and the Louisa County community without the help of its volunteers willing to share their time, passion and interest. See our full list of committees.
Take advantage of our exclusive Chamber member benefits
The following are a few samples:
1. Anthem – Receive special benefits and programs. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and Healthkeepers plans include life insurance and web-based wellness programs, and it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
2. Office Max – Tap into the strength of a huge buying group! Our negotiated contract pricing provides savings that are normally reserved for the “big businesses.” Now, all members, regardless of size, have access to these remarkable discounts. Additionally, your orders are shipped directly to your door – free of charge. And, there’s a Retail Connect Card that provides the same contract pricing at your nearest OfficeMax store.
3. Fed Ex – Save on Shipping costs with Fed Ex! This special offer applies to both air express and ground services. Best of all, there are no commitments, no contracts and no enrollment fees to access these great savings.
4. ChamberRx – Save 10% to 85% on Prescription Costs with your FREE Discount Prescription Drug Card! The Discount Prescription Drug Card provides you with discounts on prescription drugs at more than 58,000 participating pharmacies. No limits on number of prescriptions and can be used by your family and friends and employees.
5. Combined Insurance—Offering Chamber members supplemental insurance to existing disability, health and life insurance plans. Supplemental insurance is extra or additional insurance that helps to pay for things that standard insurance doesn’t cover. When you choose supplemental insurance plans from Combined Insurance, cash benefits are paid directly to you so you can use the money to help pay for out-of-pocket medical costs, lost wages or other unexpected expenses due to illness or injury.
New! Free Membership in Va. Chamber of Commerce and Charlottesville Regional Chamber of commerce
Members of the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce who have 10 or less employees also enjoy free membership in both the Charlottesville Regional and the Virginia Chambers of Commerce. This gives you access to even broader educational seminars, networking and marketing opportunities. This is a value of several hundred dollars.