|Small Country Campground in Central Virginia offers fun and relaxation, recreation and entertainment with its own 25-acre Lake Ruth Ann, featuring excellent fishing, boating, bouncing, and swimming. NEW are the giant water trampoline, a rock-it, kiddies trampolines, AND a giant bouncing pillow. JUST OPENED a new 18-hole Miniature Golf Course. Sunbathe on the sun-drenched beach, go fishing at Poplar Island or Aspin Point, or cruise the water in a sailboat, raft, or paddleboat! Fish for bass, crappie, bream, or catfish. There are boat rentals available and a free boat ramp. Bring your own boat (no gasoline engines please). The sandy beach on Lake Ruth Ann is roped off for safety at five feet. The NEW giant bouncing pillow is a big hit with kids and adults alike. Guests can also enjoy hours of sun at the edge of the beautiful swimming pool. Bask on the deck or watch the kids splash and play while you relax in the shade of your own umbrella! Camping here is all about the outdoors!|
|Your Central Virginia camping trip includes lots of camp activities like horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, kids games, and more. Enjoy a hayride Saturday evenings, hiking trails, and pool & beach parties. There is a children’s playground as well. Nature abounds, where huge displays of wild laurel, wild flowers, and mushrooms cover the forest of hardwood trees and evergreens on the 150-acre campground. Wild geese, ducks, turkeys, deer, squirrels, and rabbits are among the wildlife that adds to the excitement of this outdoor wonderland. Participate in holiday celebrations throughout the camping season, and more. Kids love the face painting, balloon toss, pool parties, and scavenger hunts. Holidays celebrated throughout the summer include Christmas in July, Mardi Gras, the 4th of July, and an Island Weekend among many others.|
Small Country Campground is in close proximity to some of the most historic and revered tourist sites in America. Civil War buffs will love the location of our campground for the nearness to major battlefields like Trevilian Station & Wilderness, as well as historic Richmond, Fredericksburg, and more. You’ll also be minutes and miles from Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, James Madison’s Montpelier, and Michie Tavern. Camping in Louisa affords guests a short distance to these and more attractions. Come to Small Country Campground, your Central Virginia campground, and experience modern convenience, classic camping activities, and friendly service. Camping here can be exciting or relaxing, just a lot of fun for the whole family!
* Small Country is now open to the public for only $8/person; $5 for kids 5-10. Use the pool, the lake, the giant bouncing pillow, the aqua sports trampoline and rock-it, playground, go fishing or swimming, picnic…all for one low fee.
* Small Country’s new championship mini golf course opened to the public June 14. Cost is $8, but discount coupons are available at the desk.
* Fireworks at 8:30 pm on July 4…$10 per car load.
* July 13 is the 2nd Annual Central Virginia Corn Hole Tournament to raise money for the Wounded Warriors Program. $50 per team and the winners get 50% of the take.
* July 19 is Que & Cruz barbeque competition, car show and summer festival. $10 for adults/$5 for kids ages 5-12.
* July 26 is Small Country’s first mini golf tournament for campers only. Entry fee is $10.
* August 2 is Christmas in August, a party to raise money and gifts for the Louisa Santa Council. All donations welcome. Make checks payable to the Louisa Santa Council or drop off gifts at Small Country anytime.
* August 15-17 is VANDEMONIUM 2014. Come and see the tricked-out vans from all over the country. Great night light show. Food and crafts vendors.
* August 29-30 is TristenFest Music Festival, $10 per person per day, a 2-day fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Bring your own chair. Food and vendors. Star of the Saturday program is James King.
NOTE: This was originally on the calendar for August 22-24. Go to TristenFest.com for more details.
* October 25 is Halloween, from 1 until 9 pm, with a Spook House and Haunted Woods; cost is $8 for folks 10 and up; $5 for kids 4-10.
Visited 607 times, 2 Visits today